The Questrade account is my first attempt at self-directed
investing. I understand that I will make many "rookie mistakes" or even
some totally dumb decisions, but it is all part of the learning
process. I opened the account this past Friday and have set up some
purchases to automatically go through on Monday when the markets open. I
can't wait for things to get started!
Here is what I did:
XIC.TO Buy 12 Units Market ($19.40/share @ last close) [Canadian Exposure]
XWD.TO Buy 10 Units Market ($24.27/share @ last close) [International Exposure]
XBB.TO Buy 8 Units Market ($31.46/share @ last close) [Bond Exposure]
HBM.TO Buy 20 Units Limit @ $9.90/share Day ($9.93/share @ last close)
So why is HBM in that mix? I want to try playing the market a bit with a small amount of cash. If I get this stock I will set up a sell limit @ $10.89 (10% rise) and get a quick profit of $19.80 (my first 10 trades are free). This is an experiment only to see if I fully understand how all this works before I get big money involved.
I'll make a follow up post once the purchases go through listing what exactly ends up happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment